Parmigiano Reggiano, Balsamic Vinegar and Wine Tasting Tour
A food and wine tour through breathtaking landscapes and unforgettable views in the lands of Matilda of Canossa, among castles and medieval villages.
Our experience starts in the early morning with a visit to a Parmigiano Reggiano dairy, a small company between Parma and Reggio Emilia that handles the entire supply chain. You’ll see the whole production process of the king of cheeses, from the feeding of milking cows to the aging of the cheese. You’ll be able to experience the scooping of the huge cheese mass out of the kettle side by side with the master cheesemaker.
The second stop of the morning takes us to discover the secrets of Traditional Balsamic Vinegar, visiting a small family business tied to the territory and its traditions, soaking in the atmosphere of the old days.
Our experience ends with a visit to an organic winery and wine tasting. You’ll get to know the traditional method of sparkling winemaking and the phases of production of the bottle fermented wines and the still wines typical of this area. You’ll have first-hand experience of all the operations that the Vigneron carries out to produce organic wines in the lands of Matilda, characterized by rounded hills and the rugged profile of the gullies.
Let us take you on a sensory experience by tasting local wines accompanied by traditional Emilian food.
Want to know more?
Departure: suggested time 8:00 am; private tours can start at whatever time requested
Duration: 6 h 30 min
- Professional local guide
- Admission fees
- Tastings of 12 months, 24 months, 30 months and 36 months old Parmigiano Reggiano cheese
- Tasting of 12 years old, 20 years old and 25 years old Traditional Balsamic Vinegar and 3 years old and 10 years old balsamic condiments
- Tasting of 5 different regional wines with food pairing: chopping board of cold cuts such as Prosciutto di Parma, Spalla Cotta di San Secondo or Mortadella, Salame Felino, erbazzone or toasted bread with mortadella mousse or gnocco fritto, cheese, focaccia or home-made bread with olive oil, fresh homemade pasta, homemade cake, water and coffee
- Option 1 includes Transportation
- Option 2 does not include Transportation
You must provide your own transport and follow the guide in a separate car. If you have space in your car, you may choose to have the guide ride along with you.
Know Before You Book
- Dogs are not allowed inside the dairy
- Credito Emiliano in Via 25 Luglio 29/E 42049 Calerno Provincia di Reggio Emilia Italia
Hotel pick-up and drop-off is included in the “Price including transportation” option (Option 1). When Travelers select the “Self-Drive Price” option (Option 2), we’ll see them at the Departure Point.