PARMA HILLSIDE FOOD TRAIL
Don’t just visit the Parma hillside, taste it!
We will explore picture-postcard villages, vine-planted hillsides, rolling countryside and lots more. Emilia Romagna is truly stunning! History, art, legend and folklore form the perfect blend of adventure in the Parma hillside.
We are passionate about local food heritage, its artisan-producers’ stories and the skill and innovation of its chefs. Parma hillside food trail is a mouthwatering showcase of artisan producers and foodies throughout the Parma hillside.
We will visit a Parmigiano Reggiano cheese dairy during the production process and witness all the stages, side by side with the master cheesemakers. At the end of the cheese dairy tour we will be inebriated with the unmistakable aromas of the King of cheeses tasting different ageings of Parmigiano Reggiano cheese.
We will head to a Prosciutto plant crossing the amazing Parma hills region. We will discover the secrets of the sweetness of Prosciutto di Parma visiting all the rooms used during the production process: the salting area and machines, the first and the second salting, the preresting, the resting, the washing, the precuring and the curing rooms. The visit will be followed by tasting of Prosciutto di Parma and traditional cured meats with a glass of DOC Parma hills wine.
Our Parma hillside food trail will end with a stroll through the gorgeous mediaeval hamlet of Torrechiara and a visit to the castle, which is considered one of the most beautiful and well preserved castles of the Parma province.
If you want to discover the heart and soul of the Parma territory, this tour was made for you!
Departure: suggested time 8:30 am; private tours can start at whatever time requested
Duration: 6 h
- Authorised guide
- Admission fees
- Tastings of 12 months, 24 months and 36 months old Parmigiano Reggiano cheese
- Tasting of Prosciutto di Parma and traditional cured meats such as Culatta and Fiocco di Prosciutto with a glass of exquisite DOC Parma hills wine and water
- Castle of Torrechiara tickets
You must provide your own transport and follow the guide in a separate car. If you have space in your car, you may choose to have the guide ride along with you.
Know Before You Book
- Dogs are not allowed inside the facilities
- The Prosciutto production process is a weekly cycle (Mon-Fri). Sometimes we see the salting, at times the washing and other times the grooming. During the visit, when on Saturday or Sunday, one can see all the rooms used for the production process.
- The Space Cinema, Largo Sergio Leone 7/A, Parma
The meeting can be arranged directly at the hotel or b&b if situated in Parma.