SLOW PARMA FOOD EXPERIENCE
Looking for an authentic experience, far from the great tourist flows, to discover the soul and traditions of the Italian Food Valley?
Come and discover the Emilia Romagna Region and its food excellences, Parmigiano Reggiano cheese and Prosciutto di Parma at a slow pace, relying on the experience and professionalism of a local and experienced guide.
Choosing Slow Parma Food Experience, you will be able to visit an authentic Parmigiano Reggiano cheese dairy and follow the whole production chain, from the feeding of milking cows, the milk collection and preservation, to the forming of the curd in the typical copper cauldrons.
You will be able to watch the cheese master’s experienced hands during the breaking of the curd with the “spino” and his deft movements during the lifting of the cheese out of the cauldron. After that we will visit the resting, salting and ageing rooms of Parmigiano Reggiano cheese with their overwhelming aromas. The visit will end with a pleasant tasting, a real pleasure for the senses!
At the end of the visit we will head to the hills of Parma to visit one of the plants where the inimitable Prosciutto di Parma is produced. We will stop on the way at the foot of the mediaeval Castle of Torrechiara to take some pictures.
The tour will end with a lunch of typical Parma delicacies: a selection of cured meats, fresh home made pasta, traditional cakes and wine from the Parma hills region.
Come and discover what is hidden behind the goodness of the King of Italian cheeses and Prosciutto di Parma.
Experience what life is like on an organic Parmigiano Reggiano Cheese farm.
We are waiting for you to live a truly unforgettable experience!
Departure: suggested time 8:30 am; private tours can start at whatever time requested
Duration: 6 h 30 min
- Authorised guide
- Admission fees
- Tastings of 12 months, 24 months and 36 months old Parmigiano Reggiano cheese
- Lunch with drinks (a selection of cured meat products, such us Prosciutto di Parma, coppa, pancetta and salame; 2 different types of fresh home made pasta; a choice of traditional cakes and coffee; Parma Hills DOC wine and water)
You must provide your own transport and follow the guide in a separate car. If you have space in your car, you may choose to have the guide ride along with you.
Know Before You Book
- Dogs are not allowed inside the facilities
- The Prosciutto production process is a weekly cycle (Mon-Fri). Sometimes we see the salting, at times the washing and other times the grooming. During the visit, when on Saturday or Sunday, one can see all the rooms used for the production process.
- The Space Cinema, Largo Sergio Leone 7/A, Parma
The meeting can be arranged directly at the hotel or b&b if situated in Parma.